Denizen Beginner's Guide¶
A guide for new users of Denizen!
If you're not familiar with Denizen, check out the Background section.
If you're not sure if learning Denizen is for you, check out the New Users FAQ page, which will answer common questions for uncertain new users.
When you're ready to get started, open the First Steps section, and follow the guide page by page through to the end of the basics section (note: FOLLOW, not read. Try the example scripts yourself and play with the ideas you learn!).
WARNING: This guide is very much still a work in progress, several pages are placeholdered with older tutorial videos.
Please join us on Discord to discuss or get further help with Denizen!
See also the Denizen homepage and links directory.
- Your First Steps
- The Basics
- Changing The Path: The If Command
- Short Term Memory: Definitions
- Long Term Memory: Flags
- Mechanisms And Properties
- Do That Again: Loops
- Handling Player Commands
- Fancier Sticks: Making Custom Items (PLACEHOLDER ONLY)
- The Queue System (PLACEHOLDER ONLY)
- Run It Your Way: Run/Inject Options (PLACEHOLDER ONLY)
- Blurring The Line Between Commands And Tags: Procedure Scripts (PARTIAL)
- Finding The Right Tool For The Script (PLACEHOLDER ONLY)
- Where Next
- Advanced Scripting
- Special Memory: Notable Objects
- Output From Commands: The Save Argument (PLACEHOLDER ONLY)
- Somebody Else Did That: The Player and NPC Arguments (PLACEHOLDER ONLY)
- A Deeper Tag: The Parsed Tag (NOT YET WRITTEN)
- Loop Optimization: List Filters (NOT YET WRITTEN)
- We Must Go Deeper: Submapping (NOT YET WRITTEN)
- Putting It Together
- Expanding Beyond Just Minecraft